The Importance of Authenticity

October 26, 2016



One of the most important things for sharing my stories, reviews and anything on this blog is with the purpose of you getting the honest truth. In this day and age it is so hard to hear stories of people being honest about themselves or about the things they write about. I've noticed lately a lot of people who are not living authentic lives. The world is missing genuine people who love one another and who are just to put it in simple terms, themselves. I'm someone who doesn't like when someone overly tries to introduce themselves or explain themselves, it's like, let your life speak for itself. It's truly hard to find real, down to earth, authentic human beings! They're out there but it's just really hard to find them. 

In the blogging world you word is your truth. So, whatever you write on your blog is a representation of who you are as a person. Your posts should be a reflection of who you are as an individual, not what the world wants to see but who you are happy and comfortable with. Bloggers need to stop faking who they are and start being themselves. I know I am not the only one that gets tired of seeing bloggers pretending to be one person on social media but then when you meet them in person, they have ugly hearts. I've lost count on how many times I have met bloggers who I thought were the nicest on social media but once I met them in person they were just rude and obnoxious. If you're reading this, heed my advice, BE NICE.

Staying true to yourself and being kind will take you a long way, being your real self, your authentic self will open many, many doors. I have my moments where I don't want to interact with anyone and where I am feeling down for whatever reason. We all have moments where we aren't feeling our best, but that doesn't mean we're not being real. At the end of the day we are humans and have our moments. The bloggers I've spoken about before have been people I met more than once and it was the same thing every time, so I do not know what their excuse for being rude is. I strive daily to be a better version of who I was yesterday, I am not perfect and I recognize that, but I try to be my very best. We all should attempt to be better every single day. 

Why is Authenticity important? 

Simple, because without it you will lose everything you've worked so hard to achieve. I can believe that success gets into some people's heads, I can believe that people get caught up in all the glitz and glamour that can come with being a beauty and fashion influencer. But take that all away what are you left with? yourself. your real self. your authentic self.

If you're starting a blog I know the first thing seasoned bloggers have told you "be yourself" including myself, I have said that to bloggers. Now, what I mean with that is stay true to the person you are, don't try to do extra things to make an impression or to please people. Do you. At the end of all of this people will never be satisfied with what we put out there we will always have haters and naysayers. We will always have people who want to put us down. That's why we need to remain strong in who we are as people aka bloggers and remain true to who we are inside. Don't let the world change you, don't allow the haters to get to you. Always smile, it gives them something more to talk about.

Never dull your Shine! 

Embrace Authenticity

Be You, Boo!

xo,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...