Breaking the Rules

October 24, 2016




Who loves breaking the rules? slow down a minute I'm talking about breaking the blogging rules. I'm sure when you all started your blog there have been bloggers (including myself) that have given you tips and information on how to start a blog, what to do, what not to do, how to design your space and do much more. I have a secret to share with you all, there really is no right or wrong way to start a blog. You design, write, post however you choose, it's your blog and it's your choice on how you want your blog to look and feel to your audience. That's the beautiful thing about being a blogger everyone of us is different in our own ways and that is the exact thing that makes our blogs special from everyone else's.

In the blogging atmosphere there is this belief that things need to be done in some type of way. In all honesty, I've never followed any one's step by step on how to create the blog that you are currently reading. I can proudly say that everything you see is what I have learned along the way by myself, I have great blogging friends in this community, people that have encouraged me and have helped me with some design aspects of my blog and that's mostly been because I have personally reached out. When it comes to the content of my blog, anything and everything can inspire me, I have a notebook in my handbag so whenever I am out and about and I see something that catches my eye, I write it down. Sometimes, ill be sitting with my friends having a conversation and something clicks, I write it down. This even has happened as I am driving, don't worry, I don't write it down but I keep it locked in my head until I reach my destination to write down the idea that popped up in my head.

Blogging for me is freedom, this is the place where I can express my emotions, feelings, thoughts without feeling judged or criticized. This is the place my mind calls HOME. I am one of those people that can be having an engaging conversation with you all while my brain is going a mile a minute thinking about the next project, the next post, the next big thing. I sit still listening to every word my friends are saying I respond accordingly but my mind never stops thinking, it's always going. This is the place of solace for my crazy mind. I can be honest with you, my readers... even as I am typing this post I'm already thinking about the next post I need to write today. You see, it's never ending. I truly believe that creative minds need a place to let loose, this is mine.

Letting loose is me becoming completely open and vulnerable.

Breaking the Blogging Rules? Yes. I have and will continue to do so. I'm not one to put myself or my blog in a box, thinking outside of the box is my thing. Following the rules is the standard, breaking the rules is creating something powerful, creating a challenge, change, freedom of creativity of the mind. And with that being said I will continue to choose to go against all the rules because it makes my blog the place that I've always wanted it to be, a place of creativity and vulnerability. I want to remain open with my audience, I want to engage with you all on a personal level, I want you all to see me as a friend and someone you can count on for advice. I want to continue to grow as a person, writer, blogger, human. Evolving into the person that I need to be. Rules? yea, I guess for the average person they're necessary and should be followed, but for the creative minds out there expressing themselves through this form, bending and breaking these rules will only make us stronger and unbreakable.

Who's ready to change the game?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...