Privacy

September 06, 2016




Many times I have been asked why I don't share my family on my social media platforms or why am I not more vocal about my marriage, etc. As much as that would be convenient I choose not too and I will go into detail as to why I choose not to share this information with the world. As Bloggers/YouTube creators/Influencers we have the right of not having to share our personal lives with the everyone, just like we have the right to choose to share it all. For me personally I choose to keep the people in my life and those I love, private. I choose to share with you all the ups and downs of life, stories of how I have gotten over situations and circumstances in my life, but you will never see a post regarding a family member of mine on this blog.

In the past, when I first started blogging 3 years ago over on Wordpress I did share lots of pictures and stories of my family. There came a moment in time where a person in my family reached out to me and told me that someone had been stalking my blog trying to find out information about this particular individual. This family member asked me to block this person and I did just that but not only that, I noticed that this person in my family was struggling with the fact that because I chose to write a beautiful story it somehow got twisted and that because of it this person was being stalked. It was at that moment that I realized that it wasn't fair for my family to be exposed, because if I choose to be a blogger and I choose to expose me, myself and I that they didn't ask for that exposure. At that moment I closed down my blog on Wordpress and moved it over to Blogger.

When this happened I had to go back and erase all pictures that I had of my family on my Instagram. I removed every single last one of them and never posted another one of any of them again. I never want to put my family in a position where people can stalk them and go after them for whatever reason. I've always been a strong person, I can take the hate, I can handle it very well... but other members in my family don't deserve to be stalked and ridiculed over little things. It is because of their safety and their privacy that they have all the right to have that I choose to not share their lives on my blog. In fact, I only have 1 picture of my husband on my Insta and he is far away where you can't really see his face. I'm very protective over my family and anyone that tries to attack us for no reason is a reason for me to not share them with you all.

Now, this doesn't mean that every single blogger out there that do decide to share their lives with you don't respect their families, that's not the case. They have chosen to share their lives with you, as a family unit they have decided to share all of themselves with you. Even then, you have to realize that those families only show you what they want you to see. Unfortunately, I believe in this society Respect has been lost, Morals don't exist for many and that doesn't sit well with me personally. If you don't have respect for someone else's life, then what does that say about you? The privacy of my family is important to me and that's why I choose not to share our moments on this blog for the world to see and judge.

Social Media can be a positive place or it can be a negative place depending on what You make of it. I choose to make it a place of positivity, a place of happiness, motivation and inspiration. I choose to make my blog and channel the same space. I do not dwell on negative people nor their negative comments. I dwell on all the good and all the awesome people around the world that make the world a better place. My family is off limits. It will always be this way, they aren't to be put out there for the world to see unless they choose for themselves to be seen.

That's the thing about life, we all have a choice to make when it comes to our privacy. We can choose to share some of our lives or we can choose to conceal it. We can choose to be positive influences or we can choose to be negative one's. We have choices and what we do with those choices will determine our future. I wanted to let you all know that this isn't a place of negative vibes, this isn't a place where you will dig up information about anyone. If that's what you are here for, I will kindly ask you to unsubscribe to my e-mail list and never click on my blog again. You will never find anything here about my family.

To those of you that have been reading my blog for a while now I want to Thank you for being so understanding. For those of you that are new to my blog, I want you to know that I am being really honest and open about myself, I hope you understand that you will not see a video about my husband or family. That's just not going happen, I respect them too much to put them out there like that and I also want to Thank you for understanding where I am coming from regarding that. Only because I choose to share certain content on this blog, social media or my channel does not mean that I do not have the right to my privacy because in all reality I do.

xo,






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...