Never Ever Will I...

September 19, 2016



Never Ever Will I...

Skydive, Climb a Mountain, Ski off a Mountain, Parasailing, Ride an Airballoon  or RollerCoaster or anything else that has to do with me being way up in the air, I'm terrified of heights. I don't know why I have always been scared of being off the ground. I think a huge part of it is that I am not in control of the situations I put myself in and what I mean with that is I've been on a rollercoaster before and it was the most terrifying experience of my life. I had my eyes closed the entire time, so I know that it isn't for me. I think that people that ride roller coasters have their eyes open so they can enjoy the ride and the adrenaline rush. I'm definitely not one of those people. Just writing about heights gives me the heebie-geebies, is that even a word?

Now, you know how people say the words "never say never" I understand it and I totally get it you should never say you're never going to do something because eventually you're going to end up doing it. Ya know, like me riding that roller coaster?! Ahhhh. At least I can cross that off my bucket list because I've been there and done that. I also said I would never get married and here I am 9 years later, happily married to a man that I love with every being of who I am. I also said that I would never travel by airplane again and I will be traveling by the end of this year. So, you might just say that when people say "never say never" they truly mean it and it doesn't always happen the way you want it too. I guess that's what happens with life too.

One day I would like to really overcome my fear of heights so maybe I do have to jump off an airplane or climb a mountain. I don't know where that fear comes from nor what it's called. If you know the name of that fear please leave it in the comments below so I can read about it. I love researching things and this girl always finds what she needs, but more about that on another blog. If you have any tips on how to overcome a fear of heights or maybe you yourself have overcome this fear I would love to know how you did it. I find that really inspiring how someone has overcome a fear. I know it can't be easy but I know that it can done. So, props to you for overcoming your fear.

I've noticed that during my 32 years of life I really have never done anything daring or I have never put my life in any kind of danger. I mean, I feel like there are those who risk their lives because they like living on the edge. And then there are those like me that live their lives on a day to day basis and the only fun thing we do is shop and go to the movies occasionally. Which to me personally shopping is therapeutic it's not fun at all. I think for the rest of what's left in my life I really want to explore, travel and do all the things that scare me and all the things that challenge me. I want to face my fears, I want to do things with my significant other and have FUN while I'm doing it. So, I think I will stop saying the word "never" because I no longer want to stop myself from reaching new heights in life {no pun intended}.

Together, let's stop saying the word never, let's stop limiting ourselves and let's not allow fear to hold us back from all the things we want to do in life. You and I cannot allow the fear of the unknown or the fear of the highest peak on that mountain stop us from living life to the fullest. I want to enjoy life, I want to see the world, I want to be scared, I want to feel the rush. Would you join me in the end of saying and proclaiming the word never over our lives? I'm going to take this challenge for myself, I'm going to take this challenge for that little girl inside of me terrified of heights, I'm doing this for her.

xo,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...