How I Deal with Hate

September 14, 2016




I don't.

Hater - a negative or critical person.

Personally, I do not deal with haters nor do I give them my time or energy. I think that people that sit behind their computer screens with nothing better to do but attack other people is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated. The moment you give someone the time of day because they said something about you on social media it's the moment you have given them power over your emotions for that day. There are a lot of unhappy people in this world due to bitterness and anger in their hearts so they feel the need to be rude and aggressive on social media. Don't give these people the power of your emotions, learn to distinguish between someone that is being hateful and someone that is giving you constructive criticism. Don't fall for it, keep scrolling and if possible delete their comment, if they do it more than 2x then block them and don't feel bad about it.

It honestly makes me sad to see that there are so many hateful people in the world. Instead of spreading love and positivity all they spread is negative, judgmental criticism. Our world is in need of love, kindness, compassion, hope, good vibes. Trust me, I have received my fair share of criticism, hate and judgement from people I know to people I don't know on social media but I don't let them get to me, because I really do not care what people have to say about me. Ever since I was young, I've always been of this mentality I feel completely indifferent about people's opinion about me, it's not my problem, it's theirs. I'm the type of person that speaks my mind, now I have learned to give my opinion when it is asked of me, but on topics that are important to me I speak my mind and 99% of the time I do not apologize for it. If you truly believe in something that everyone else in the world may be going against, are you willing to stand alone?

I am.

There have been many times in my life where I feel like I have been standing in a crowded room {social media} and I've given my opinion in my own page about a certain subject and people have gone nuts. It's crazy. The difference now a days to back then is that before you would give your opinion, honestly and kindly and people would respect it. Now a days you give your opinion and people attack your character and some of these people don't even know who you are. I just don't understand it at all. I feel like a lot of people have lost their common sense and morals, people have lost respect for other people, they have lost common courtesy. They have lost all sense of accountability and responsibility for their actions.

You've heard the saying "haters gonna hate" it's cliche' indeed but it's true whether you do good or bad, people are always going to find fault in all that you do or say. You cannot become a people pleaser because you will end up pleasing no one and this will leave you low and dry. Unfortunately, people will never fully be satisfied, there is always something better that you could've done or something that you did that has already been done. There is always someone pointing that one finger at you while three of their fingers are pointing back at them. We as humans are so quick to judge and criticize each other, it's not even constructive criticism, it's just plain rude. I have to be honest I've done it and then have regretted it immediately the important thing is to recognize when you have made a mistake and try to never make it again.

Haters are not in my radar, I may see a comment where someone is being disrespectful and the first thing I do is block the person. I just don't have the time to go back and forth with people that I have never met in person and that are judging me for a picture, post, video, tweet or whatever it is that I post. I do not engage and neither should you, remember that is giving the aggressor the power over your emotions. It's not worth the stress, the headache and pain it can cause you emotionally, why get mad and ruin your day over someone's comment about you that you will probably never ever see in real life? It just doesn't make any sense to me. We cannot fall into their trap, because what they want is an online battle of confrontations. In fact, they will go out of their way for it as soon as they see you respond in any way shape or form they take it and run with it. Why give people like that the time of day?

I don't.

and neither should you.

Don't deal with the hater, instead delete, block and report if it gets to extremes like someone threatening your life, that should be reported immediately. This world can be a cruel place, it not only happens online it also happens in real life. It can happen to you at school, work, the grocery store, anywhere really. You can't let bitter, angry, ungrateful, self centered humans get you down, you are better than that. Don't give them the power over your emotions. I know I keep repeating that but I truly mean it because many times we give these types of people the power over our days. They're not worth it, at all. But you are, you're worth more than precious rubies, you are enough! Don't ever allow anyone to tell you otherwise.

If you have ever dealt with some form of hate in your life I want you to know that you're not alone, keep moving forward and keep shining!

xo,





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...