Creatively Un-Blocked

September 12, 2016


When I am feeling creatively blocked I give myself a couple of days to re-group. I give myself some days to mentally relax and decide what I am going to do next. One of the social media sites I visit during this time of mental relaxation is Pinterest. I will sit down with my little Vera Bradley notebook and write down ideas that seem interesting to me or call out to me. It could be ideas for a post or some good motivational quotes. Also, during this time I find the need to really stay off my computer as much as possible, unless I have something important to take care of. No one likes feeling creatively blocked especially when they are creative souls by nature. It's hard feeling stuck! So, I have compiled a list of the things I do become Creatively UnBlocked.

1. Meditate | One of the things I like to do when I am feeling in a rut or stuck is to shut everything down and meditate. I meditate by reading the bible or praying. That is my form of meditation.

2. Staying Off Social Media | Obviously, this is a hard one especially if you're a blogger. I will post 2 pictures that day but won't check in to see anything, I won't even touch snapchat for the days that I am feeling creatively blocked. This really does work because you realize that you don't need to be ON social media all the time.

3. Clean | I know for a lot of people this may seem a little strange but for me cleaning pumps me up and keeps my mind off of negative thoughts. I become so focused on getting the house clean that I forget about everything else.

4. Read | I will pick up an motivational book like #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso and then I completely feel inspired to take over the world and by the world meaning, my blog.

5. Plan | On the days that I am feeling a little less stressed I start to plan my next moves, next blog posts, videos, etc. I have been really getting into planning everything regarding my blog & personal life and let me tell you it's helped me keep on track immensely. I may have to write a blog post about it.

6. Re-Group | Once I have gathered my thoughts and planned out what I want to write about, then I re-group into the state of mind that "You can do it" and "You got this" and "No one is going to do it for you" I tell myself these things over and over again as I gain confidence to try again. You will have times where you feel like "what's the point?" but if you're serious about your blog growing then you will take the necessary steps to be the best you can be.

7. Start | This is the moment where I decide to get on my blog and start writing posts and saving them as drafts. This is where I decide how many videos I will film a day and how I will edit them. I review my planner and the days I have set apart for completing each task. Then, I start and don't look back. Keep pressing forward and working hard at it.

These are the things that I do to become Creatively UnBlocked, it helps my mind mentally relax all while still becoming re-focused on the plan ahead. If you're a blogger I am sure you have experienced becoming Creatively Blocked, it's the worst feeling. We have all been there one way or another the important thing is not to stay there for too long because that can become dangerous. You can become lethargic and not have a care in the world about where your blog is headed. It's important to always remain focused even when you're not feeling like writing posts.

What are some ways you have used to creatively unblock yourself?

xo,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...