Hakuna Matata

August 15, 2016



We all know the lyrics to this song, I remember watching it as a little girl and singing along with the chorus "It means no worries for the rest of your days, it's our problem-free, philosophy, Hakuna Matata" boy do I actually wish life was problem free, but it isn't it's reality. When you're a child you have no grown up responsibilities, ya know like paying bills, having and keeping a job, cleaning, washing, etc. When you're a child everything is done for you, seems nice doesn't it? Until you grow up and remember the words that Peter Pan spoke "never grow up" yeah, well that's kind of impossible, physically we all grow up, internally I think we all hold a childhood like quality. Today, I am feeling nervous, this week ahead of me has me facing some challenges, but I am ready for them. Every time I think about the challenge ahead I go back to my childhood rocking chair as I sit in front of the t.v. singing Hakuna Matata.

Challenges, we all face one, daily. They don't go away, it seems like you finish getting out of one challenge to jump right into another one. Some of these challenges are BIG and some small. I want to say that the challenge I am facing this week is a big one for me personally. I will be going more into details about it on Wednesday's post. So, today I do not want to focus on the challenge ahead I want to focus on my state of mind. If you're new to my blog you may not know that I am someone who isn't really concerned about future events. I believe that whatever is going to happen has already been written and no matter how hard we try to change it, it's going to happen the way it's supposed too. My state of mind today is Hakuna Matata. 

Waking up listening to the tune play in my head over and over, I feel like it's not a coincidence, especially on the week of craziness ahead. Another thing I notice is that although I am feeling nervous, I know that I will be okay. You see, I have faith in God who has provided for me in all ways possible. I have faced some dark things in my past and it has only been through my faith in God that I have been able to overcome these things. I am not perfect nor do I intend to be, I live my life trying to be better than yesterday. I make mistakes, I fail and I try again. Isn't that what life is supposed to be about? So, I'm sitting thinking... "do not worry" and as much as I don't want too, I do. Why? because I am human who has emotions and they run deep. 

It seems that I relate to this song more than you know "I'm a sensitive soul, though I seemed thick-skinned" 100% correct. When people look at me and then get to really know who I am the first thing they tell me is "you have thick skin, you don't let anything/one get to you, I wish I was more like you." Trust me, you don't. I may have thick skin, but when someone hurts me, betrays my trust, lies to me, it hurts and the wound is deep and although it may look like I have it all figured out or have it all together, I honestly don't. So, when I face any challenge that life decides to throw my way, I remind myself "It's going to be alright, no worries" and I grab my cup of passion tea lemonade venti and I am on my way. 

Today, I want you to know that no matter what you're about to face this week, I want you to repeat after me "HAKUNA MATATA" I want you not to worry, I want you to remain positive even when everything around you seems to be falling apart. Will you take this challenge with me this week? That no matter if you get bad news from work, your doctor, a friend, a neighbor, your teacher, your bf/gf/husband/wife that you will sing loud and proud, "Hakuna Matata, it means no worries for the rest of my dayyyyyy, I'm problem-freeeeee, philosophyyyyyy, Hakuna Matata" yeah, I changed the words... because no matter what you are facing I want you to sing this to yourself wherever you're at. This week regardless of the news we may receive, it's going to be a great week, although there will be challenges, this week is going to be life-changing for the better. So keep the good vibes rolling my friends and don't let anyone stop you from shouting our anthem. 

If you want to send me an e-mail or a comment down below let me know how your Monday is going I would love to know. 

"I say Hakuna
You say Matata"

xo,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...