A Big Deal

August 17, 2016


Today is a total BIG DEAL

Remember how in my last post I mentioned about a challenge that I would be facing this week? Well, the day has come for me to share with you all what exactly that challenge is. Today I am taking my Citizenship exam. Yes, you have read correctly, I am a proud resident of the United States of America and today I am sitting waiting to be called to take my Citizenship exam. Everytime I feel the nervousness come on I remind myself "Hakuna Matata" if you don't know what that means click on the words and read that post. I'm feeling excited about today because this has been a long time coming, something I've been wanting to do since I turned 15yrs of age but never did because I couldn't afford it until now. It's pretty expensive if you ask me, but I am excited because for the first time in my life I am accomplishing a dream I've had for a very long time. 

As I look back at all the things my mother did to come to this country to give me a better future I am just feeling overwhelmed with gratitude today. I thank God for my mother's life because I know this has also been a dream of her's for me. Today, I pray that I pass this test with flying colors, I've been studying for months and I can proudly say I know all the questions and answers. I have tirelessly practiced over and over asking my husband to review the questions with me, poor thing is probably tired of asking me all 100 questions. I pray that the person giving me the exam is kind and compassionate, a person that doesn't try to fail me, a person that is willing to be patient. 

Tests have never been my strong point I have to be honest, I suck at taking written exams, I always blank out so I am hoping that this oral exam is easier. Anyone else is bad at test taking? Out of all the days today is the last day that I'm trying to be negative, trust me that's the last thing I want to be thinking about today. I want to remain positive and focus on the task before me. No distractions. When something as important as this is ahead of us the only thing we are left to do is pray, remain positive, keep our hopes up and get em.' There is nothing and no one that can side track you from the challenge before you.

Today's post isn't a long one for obvious reasons. I promise to update you on the results of this exam on Friday's video. I covet your prayers and I thank you ahead of time for them. This is the beginning of greater things ahead. I truly believe it. 

Dreams do come true.

xo,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...