Change

July 13, 2016



As I am sitting here at a Starbucks in the same neighborhood I grew up in I have come to the realization how much change has truly happened in my life. It has all been for the better. Growing up in Wetchester {in Miami} I met some awesome individuals growing up, I went to Banyan, went to high school at SouthWest High and met some more amazing people there. I never graduated high school, you can call me a drop out. I remember leaving this place and moving away from all I knew growing up, it was the saddest day of my life.. I was not only leaving behind the memories that I had made with my childhood friends, I was leaving behind the people I loved. It was truly the saddest day for me. Today, as I sit here over 10 years later, I look back and smile at all those good memories. I smile because although I was angry and sad that I moved, that one move shaped the rest of who I was going to become today. The person I am today is because of all the things I've experienced growing up, the people that surrounded me from the first hello in Elementary school all the way to the last goodbye the day I moved on. 

I've always said it "Change is necessary for Growth" that statement couldn't be more true today. Change shapes us, molds us, challenges us, it slaps us with truth in the face when needed. The definition of Change is "the act of becoming different" if you are not changing, you are not growing. This doesn't just apply to physical growth, this applies to internal & spiritual growth. The "act of.." meaning to see a reaction in the process of change there needs to be a course of action taken. In the business sense, an internal growth is the highest level of growth achievable, now let's apply that into our lives. To change is to grow, but we all desire to grow to our highest potential, we all desire to achieve the highest level of praise from our family & friends. Change cannot be a negative thing unless your mind makes it so, look at Change as a positive upgrade. Embracing change in your life is a need not a want.. I understand that. Don't allow fear stop your from becoming the person you are meant to be, don't allow your thoughts to stop you from realizing all the goals and dreams you have set for yourself. 

And just so you know I myself have fought with myself at times because I didn't want the change to happen in my life, I didn't want to face the truth of it all. It is then that I realized that I was being negative about changes instead of embracing it all and moving on to bigger & better things ahead. You may be asking yourself when does Change begin to happen? It begins to happen once you choose to accept it. If you are worried about mistakes, don't stress them, they have a new name.. growing pains. 

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living."
-Anatole France 

xo,









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...