Beach Bag Essentials

June 06, 2016


Today I want to share with you what I pack in my Beach Bag, these items are a must in my Vera Bradley "Get Carried Away Tote" which has become a quick favorite tote and it's currently on SALE now. It's huge, has 4 big pockets on the outside & 6 on the inside with enough room to fit anything and everything, it also has a breakaway zipper which allows it to open wide, like a tote or you can choose to close it and it keeps all your things secure and in place. I will also be using this bag for weekend get-aways and travel as a carry-on bag {it is Airline carry-on compliant}. The best thing about this bag is the material, if you've ever owned a Vera Bradley bag you'll know they are sturdy and long lasting! 


First thing is First, skin, face & body protection are so important!

1. Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner - I used this for the first time yesterday, right after I took a shower, I massaged my hair with my towel and then sprayed it on. Then I combed through my hair with the wet brush and when my hair dried up it wasn't greasy looking and it was really soft which surprised me because my hair hasn't felt that smooth in a while. So, it's easy to say that I fell in love with this leave-in conditioner. For it being the first time I use this product I can say I am impressed and I will be re-purchasing this once this one is finished. If you're wanting to get that beach hair without it looking dry + sun damaged then this is the product for you.

2. Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion - You might be wondering why I bought two sunblocks, well this one in particular I bought because my face is usually oily but lately I've been having small breakouts here and there. I wanted something for sensitive skin, this was the first time using this product as well and I have to say it lives up to what it says. It is fragrance free so you do not have the smell of sunblock but you do get the protection. For the first time using this product I have to say I am loving it and plan on using it again. 

3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen SPF 70  - This is a product we've been using for a long time, it's a favorite of ours because it applies so easily on the skin without leaving it feeling sticky. When you get in the water it doesn't start coming off like other products out there. We really love that this product is so well made. If you have never tried this product I say give it a try. I recommend it 100% the smell for this is not overpowering.

4. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion - Once again, first time using this product and I am blown away by how amazing it is. It smells so good, it feels great on the skin, it's not sticky. It is important to keep your skin moisturized once you leave the beach. So, after you hit those outside showers and dry completely off, you apply this lotion all over your body, it makes your skin so smooth. This product has shea butter which provides 24hr of moisturization and aloe for a cooling effect.  I honestly felt that my skin was hydrated and the smell kept reminding me about the beach and how relaxed we were. Love this product. 


By the way I took all of those products plus my deoterant and the wet brush in this cute see through bag that was given to me as a Christmas gift from my niece. {thanks Gen :)} 


Can we please take a moment to appreciate my new "little unicorn beach makeup bag" it reminds me of unicorns so that's what I named it and I ain't ashamed. 


This is what I take for during and after... let's go down the list together!

1. The Wet Brush - The BEST detangling brush ever to exist! I don't know where this brush was during my childhood, but I could tell you one thing, I would not have screamed and cried as much as I did if my momma would've owned this brush. Seriously, this brush has replaced all my brushes! I don't use a blowdryer because it dries out the texture of the hair, I let my hair air dry, but as soon as I get out of that shower I am patting my hair and while it is still damp I brush right through it with this brush no more knots! After I used the Frizz Ease leave-in conditioner I brushed right through it with my wet brush. Guaranteed, best purchase I have ever made.

2. Oversize Colorful Reflective Lens Retro Cat Eye Silhouette Sunnies - These are from Sunglassspot  this is a place I found online where I buy $5 sunnies! Yes, you read correctly, sometimes I will buy 4 for $20! They have great customer service and shipping doesn't take that long. These make the perfect Summer shades, anyone that knows me can vouch for the fact that I have plenty of shades, but I say you cannot have just one pair.

3. Milani Baked Bronzer Soleil 05 - Usually when we leave the beach we tend to go out and eat, so instead of taking a lot of makeup I just take this Milani Baked Bronzer which can be applied to both face + body. It gives me that extra glow which I love, so not only am I smelling like paradise thanks to my Hawaiian Lotion but I am shining bright like the sun. Corny enough for ya? ha! Honestly, this is my ultimate favorite baked bronzer that I only use during the late Spring and Summer. I love this bronzer for tan skinned gals, for my lighter skinned ladies I'd suggest purchasing Glow 04 it's the perfect bronzer. 

4. Secret Outlast Clear Gel Women's Antiperspirant & Deodorant - Need I say more? You leave the beach you better be wearing some type of deodorant! This is the one I use on the daily, I love it because the smell isn't overpowering and there are no white marks anywhere. A must in any beach bag!

5. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm Stick SPF 20 - This balm I only use when I go to the beach, other than that it's tucked away nicely in my vanity. The sun here in Miami is crazy hot so my lips tend to dry up a bit, thankfully this lip balm has SPF 20 which does keep my lips hydrated and this along side with my sunnies are the only two things I keep out with me while at the beach so I can re-apply as needed. This is a must for anyone staying at the beach for long periods of time, take care of your lips ladies!

6. Wet n Wild BB Cream - The BB cream I take and apply it before I apply my Milani Baked Bronzer, remember you always want to protect your face before applying any makeup or powders. So, I apply a small amount all over my face and then apply my bronzer to give it that extra glow. This has been my go-to BB Cream and I love it...

7. Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara - This is a brand I have been using since High School, now that's been over 10 years, whoa! This specific mascara is so dope, the wand is small but powerful, it does not, I repeat, it does not clump your lashes making them look stuck together. This mascara gives length and fullness to your lashes like you cannot imagine. I love it because it makes my eyes pop.

8. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater - This small but powerful little spray had me feeling all types of good yesterday. It kept my face fresh and it smells sooooooo good. This was my first time using this product, I have seen girls rave about it on social media and YouTube and I just knew I had to give it a try, I am not disappointed. This is a must have product for your beach bag, everything about it is genius. This is perfect for these upcoming Summer days when you want to keep your face feeling hydrated. I LOVE this product and don't know why I didn't know about it sooner! 


And of course I always take my iPhone 6 with me, that's a given. I placed my phone in one of the front pockets of my beach bag for easy access. 


These are my go-to beach sandals that I wear when I go to the beach. I bought these at Target about 2yrs ago so I don't know if they even sell them anymore. 



This is the book I am currently reading, so I took it to the beach and read a little bit there before I knocked out. It's a great book so far, The Power of a Praying Woman this book teaches you how to pray for yourself and your needs. I am someone that will pray for everyone else and everything else and I will forget to pray for myself. God longs for us to pray to Him about our troubles and our needs, He isn't burdened by our problems, He wants to help us through them. I have been loving each chapter more and more. I highly recommend this book if you're a woman after God's heart and calling for your life. 

And last but not least my beach towel, I use it to dry myself after I earnestly try to wash the sand off my feet in those outdoor showers. Other products I put into my beach bag are my hubby's phone, tablet and any other form of gadget he decides to take, this includes extra clothes and his towel too.
These are all my Beach Bag Essentials all the products I've tried for the first time yesterday I have loved. 

What are some products you need to have in your Beach Bag?

xo,

Scarleth 

  










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...