Starting Again...

May 23, 2016


It's Monday! 

Everyday start on a positive note, lately I had been feeling down and stressed out and part of that was because of me failing my state boards exam and just other personal stuff. For a while now I've been wanting to return to Yoga, because it is one of those exercises that makes my mind, body and soul relax. Last year around October I bought my first ever Yoga mat, I had started doing some stretches here and there, I really enjoyed it because I have lower back problems and the stretching helped my back in so many ways. One of my favorite things to do was meditating now I know this could be very confusing to many people, I'm a Christian so I used this time to pray to God about things I was holding onto and needed to let go of. 

Today, I went into my closet and dusted off my mat and decided that I was going to do some stretches to get back into Yoga slowly but surely. I can honestly say my back is feeling so great and I actually feel more awake. I am by no means trying to be a Yogi or a professional at this craft, I just really want to get my body, mind and soul to a place of relaxation and strength. That is my personal goal with yoga. I have friends that do this for a profession and are amazing at what they do, I have friends that started doing it and they love everything about it. I can't say I blame them, yoga is great for your body. 

{trust that it took everything in me to not post a pic of my feet, I don't like how they look, never have}

I'm feeling pretty good about myself, I probably won't have an hour a day to tackle yoga once I start working, but I will definitely make the time for at least 30min a day in the a.m. even if it means that I have to wake up earlier. It's just such an awesome feeling starting your day on a positive note, for me,  the first thing I do is meditate on God's word & promises for my life, then I begin my breathing exercises and lastly I finish off with all the stretches I can do. One of the things I learned from a is that you need to listen to your body, so if you feel like you can't do a stretch don't feel bad, make it work for you. Don't push your body to do something it's not ready to do, yoga is to be experienced step by step, you will get there eventually if you keep practicing. This is something I wish someone had told me when I started doing Yoga. 


This is my mat, I really love it. I bought it online at Gaiam and actually plan to purchase another one. I have my eyes on some but I will probably choose one at the end of this week. I really want to take Yoga a bit more seriously this time around because I have noticed that for my body it makes me feel so much better about myself. 

This is the first video I ever watched and did all the way through and it was the best workout for my body ever. I did this today too & added some morning motivation & meditation. 



{Yoga with Adriene}

Have you've ever tried Yoga, Do you love it?

xo,

Scarleth

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...