Test Day

April 25, 2016



It is finally Monday, Test Day. I'd be lying if I say I am not nervous, anxious and ready to have a full blown panic attack. I've been looking forward to this day as well as dreading it at the same time. I cannot believe it is finally here. All the things running through my mind, I feel prepared, but am I really? Will I blank out on my test? Will I pass my clinical portion of the exam? I'm getting ahead of myself, I need to take a breather and calm down. 

For the past two weeks I have been going over this day in my head, What will it be like? How long will it take? Will they tell me if I passed or failed that same day? I have stressed myself out to no end (just ask my friends), I've been losing myself studying and trying to remember it all but forgetting one important thing, my Faith. I am reminded that no matter how much prepared I desire to be, my faith is the source of everything that I do. God knows exactly what will happen today and I do not need to worry because God's got me. My trust isn't in my ability to prepare and memorize my material, My trust is placed on God who gives me the knowledge to study, memorize and re-create all the things that I have learned. 

To everyone else, test taking isn't a big deal but for me it is, I'm not a great test taker. I'm confident in my abilities and what God has given me. There have been times where I have blanked out on exams and I have not been able to pass them and so I am solely relying on my faith this time around. Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I want to continue my studies in the medical field, whether it be becoming an RN or becoming an Ultra Sound Tech. I'm excited for my future, but it starts right now, today, as I take this test... Where will God lead me to next?

As I sit here waiting to be called I ask one favor of all of you reading this post today, I ask that you find 5min to say a prayer for me, It would mean so much. Hopefully, this day goes by quickly and I'll be home before rush hour traffic. At this point, I am keeping my hopes up, my faith on check and my mind clear of any distractions. My purpose here today is to do my very best and hope for a passing test score. 

Once again, thank you all for your unconditional support and encouragement during these past few months while I've been working hard on getting my CNA state boards and just trying to re-vamp my blog too! You all have been the best readers a girl could have. So, THANK YOU!

Update: Unfortunately, I failed my exams. This is only a small setback for a greater comeback. I will continue to study and get more prepared so I can re-take my exams. Thanks to all of you who have supported me through this crazy journey and for those who have encouraged me. xo

xo,

Scarleth 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...