First Baked Cake

April 11, 2016


It finally happened, I baked my first cake about a week ago and I also had a little helper, if you follow me on snapchat you already know that my little niece Esme and I worked together to create this delicious cake. I remember growing up I used to bake with my mom all the time, she would create the yummiest treats, desserts, cakes, cupcakes, etc. There was always some delicious treat to eat at our home growing up. So, obviously, I had to start baking here in our home and continue tradition. What better way to create tradition with my beautiful little niece. 

So, Saturday afternoon I decided to go buy all the stuff I needed to start baking our chocolate cake! First, I went to Home Goods to buy the measuring spoons and cups. Then, I went to Publix to buy the chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Then I quickly returned home to start prepping all the ingredients...


1. 1 cup of Water
2. 1/3 Virgin Oil
3. 3 Eggs

This is what was on the back of the Duncan Hines Classic Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake mix..


You can't go wrong with Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker & some good colorful sprinkles. 

 

There is my little niece holding the mix before putting into my Kitchen Aid, Can you believe this was actually the first time I used this? I received this for my birthday when I turned 30! I know, I know, what in the world!?! Don't judge me, it's taken me a while to get into the groove of baking. 



Once we took out the cake and started putting the chocolate frosting, that chocolate smell was so overpowering but all in a GOOD way. We couldn't wait to dig in, but I did let the cake sit for another 30 minutes before we actually cut into it.


The final result is that this cake was fun to make, we had many laughs, loved sticking our fingers into the chocolate mix once I was finished pouring it into the pan & most importantly it tasted great. I loved every single bite & my little niece did too. I'm looking forward to actually looking for some recipes on Pinterest and making some more goodies. This was my first cake so I still have to practice some more. Maybe next time we will bake some cupcakes or cookies! Who knows... 

What are some of your favorite recipes? What do you enjoy baking?

xo,

Scarleth 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...