Easter - The Greatest Love

March 27, 2016




Easter means many things to different people. To me personally it means the resurrection of my Savior. God sent His one and only Son to die for my sins and yours {John 3:16}. We take this day to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day. Now, you may not believe or may have different beliefs in the matter, I am not here to "preach" to you, but I am here to tell you that Easter has a special significance for me. It's more to me than beautiful pastel colors on easter eggs or even cute adorable kids running around looking high and low for those awesome colorful eggs with chocolate inside, Easter means so much more. 

It's the beginning of a new day, It's a day to start over, It's a day of remembrance, a day to reflect on the great LOVE that God has for all of us, sending His only Son to die a brutal death, on a cross, beaten, spit on, lashed, mocked... Jesus endured all of this for you and I. Now, I cannot allow this day to go by without telling you the importance of this sacrifice. I don't know about you but I have never met anyone in this world willing to endure all this torture for me, no one. Easter holds a very special place in my heart. 

You see, many times in the past I have been everything but loving. I've been rude, ruthless, negative, angry and the list goes on. This may surprise most of you but it's the truth. The truth will set you free {John 8:32}. As I look at my life where I am today I start to reflect on what I am doing to love on others. I can proudly say that I've worked on myself and am no longer that person that I used to be. I've let go of a lot of pain & hurt from my past, I've learned to forgive & forget, I've learned to be more sensitive to other's feelings, I've learned that my past mistakes do not define the person that I am today. 

Thankfully, I have people in my life that keep me grounded and motivated. I believe everything in our lives happen for a reason, what that reason may be only God knows. I tend not to worry about the future and what it may bring, I tackle everyday one day at a time. Now, as I previously mentioned, my goal this year is, What can I do to love on others? I'm sure I can come up with a list of things to do, but I don't work that way. I know I have friends that I have been there for in some difficult times, I've encouraged, loved, prayed, listened and been there for them. Maybe that's my calling, who knows?! But, no matter what I do, my love will never out-love the love that God has for people. The greatest love of all was His sacrifice.

Love is more than an emotion, more than a feeling. 

Love is patient,
Love is kind,
Love does not envy,
Love does not boast,
Love is not proud,
Love does not dishonor others,
Love is not self-seeking,
Love is not easily angered,
Love keeps no record of wrong,
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth,
Love always protects,
Love always trusts,
Love always hopes,
Love always perseveres,
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:7-8

This is the love that I want to reflect unto others, I am not perfect, I am a human and I will fail. My purpose in this lifetime is to leave a legacy of love, hope and faith that is placed on God. Maybe, you are questioning yourself saying, why is she so focused on her faith in God? because at the end of this road we call life, I don't want people to remember me for the things I did for them, I want people to remember how I made them feel during their most difficult times & also during their happiest times. My faith is my foundation & the love I feel for others is my motivation to be the most understanding, compassionate, kind, loving person I can be. I hope we all strive to be more kind and loving, living a life that is based on truth, this world would be such a better place. 

What does Easter mean to you?

xo,

Scarleth



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by...